10 Reasons You Should Clean Your Dryer Vent
Have you ever wondered why your clothes come out of the dryer smelling worse than when they went in? Or why your laundry room is always so dusty? The answer is most likely your dryer vent.
If you’re not cleaning your dryer vent, lint and other debris are building up and preventing hot air from escaping. This causes your clothes to take longer to dry, and the extra heat can damage them. Not to mention, a clogged dryer vent is a fire hazard.
Here are 10 reasons you should schedule a dryer vent cleaning in Missouri:
- To prevent fires– Lint buildup in your dryer vent is a major fire hazard. Each year, there are over 2,900 residential fires caused by clothes dryers, and the leading cause of these fires is lint buildup.
- To save energy– A clogged dryer vent can make your dryer work harder, which uses more energy and raises your utility bills. You can save up to $20 per year on your energy bills by regularly cleaning your dryer vent.
- To prolong the life of your dryer– A clogged dryer vent can cause your dryer to overheat, which shortens its lifespan. Regular cleaning will help to prolong the life of your dryer and avoid costly repairs.
- To avoid mold and mildew– Lint buildup in your dryer vent can create the perfect environment for mold and mildew to grow. These harmful bacteria can cause respiratory problems, skin irritation, and other health problems. Mold and mildew can also damage your clothing.
- To avoid carbon monoxide poisoning– A clogged dryer vent can cause carbon monoxide to build up inside your home. Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas that can be deadly. Regularly cleaning your dryer vent will help to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
- To reduce drying time– A clogged dryer vent can significantly increase the amount of time it takes to dry your clothes. This is not only a waste of time, but it can also damage your clothing. If you regularly clean your dryer vent, you can reduce your drying time by up to 50%.
- To avoid lint buildup in your home– Lint that escapes from your dryer vent can quickly build up in your home, creating a fire hazard. It can also be difficult to remove once it’s built up. Regularly cleaning your dryer vent will help to prevent lint buildup in your home.
- To save money on laundry– If you regularly clean your dryer vent, you can save money on your laundry bills. This is because clogged dryer vents make your clothes take longer to dry, which means you have to run your dryer for a longer period of time.
- To prevent dryer sheets from catching fire– Lint buildup can cause your dryer sheets to catch fire. If you regularly clean your dryer vent, you can help to prevent this from happening.
- To keep your home safe and healthy– By regularly cleaning your dryer vent, you can help to keep your home safe and healthy. This is because lint buildup is a fire hazard and it can also cause health problems. So, don’t wait – get your dryer vent cleaned today!